I am a strong believer that family issues are best settled out-of-court. My motto is “Preserve and protect family relationships in crisis by collaboration and cooperation, using the courtroom as the last resort.” I am an experienced, compassionate mediator and collaborative law lawyer. I have served as Managing Attorney at the Attorney General’s Office, which gives me a thorough understanding of child support and how to resolve administrative issues with the Attorney General’s Office. My legal background includes, Divorce, Family Law, Visitation Rights, Enforcement of Visitation Rights, Child Support, Enforcement of Child Support, Collaborative Law, and Mediation.
As a mediator and collaborative law lawyer, I believe that out of court settlement is the best way to resolve family issues. I offers clients knowledge and competent legal advice with the following family law goals.
- Educate the client about the law and court procedures
- Explore options and create solutions
- Encourage settlements through competent negotiations and mediation
- Maintain reasonable fees and control litigation costs
- Exhausts all reasonable alternative, but when all else fails, to fight aggressively when necessary to protect the clients’ rights.
I am Board Certified in Family Law, and am an active member of the Fort Bend Bar Association (Secretary 2016 & 2017, President Elect 2018, President 2019), the Texas Bar Association Family Law Section, the State Bar College, the Collaborative Law Institute of Texas, the Collaborative Law Katy, the State Bar of Texas Collaborative Law Section, and the Association for Conflict Resolution. I have been recognized by the National League of Renowned Attorneys Top One Percent award for 2016, 10 Best Client Satisfaction, and 10 Best Female Attorney 2016 award from American Institute of Family Law Attorneys.
Heather M. Bachman graduated cum laude from Thurgood Marshall School of Law, where she was selected for the Dean’s List numerous times. She received the American Jurisprudence Award in Evidence and Law Practice Management.
Heather focuses her practice in the areas of:
- Family Law
- Visitation rights
- Child Support
- Enforcement of child support and visitation
- OAG child support matters
- Collaborative law/ mediation
Professional Activities and Honors
- Fort Bend County Bar Association
- President-elect- 2018
- President 2019
- Past president 2020
- Secretary 2016 & 2017
- Katy Bar Association, Texas Bar Association Family Law Section
- State Bar College, Pro Bono College Member
- Collaborative law institute of Texas, Co- Found Collaborative law Katy, State Bar of Texas Collaborative Law Section, Association for Conflict Resolution (Houston chapter)
- Southern District Of Texas Federal Court
- Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, JD, cum laude
- American Jurisprudence Awards in Evidence and Law Practice Management
- President, Delta Theta Phi ( Burns chapter)
- William Pen University
- Bachelors of Arts in Sociology/Criminology and American Government/History