Family disputes can lead to significant stress and emotional pain. Whether you’re going through a divorce, child custody battle, or another legal matter, you need an experienced lawyer on your side to protect your rights. At Adams Law Firm, we have represented clients in family law cases since 1977. You can depend on us to help you navigate the complex process.
Adams Law Firm has a proven track record of handling family law cases successfully. When you face an uphill legal battle, you should turn to someone with the skills and resources to resolve the issue favorably. Our team can create an effective strategy for even the most complicated matters and will tirelessly work to try to reach your desired result.
You should not face this battle alone. When you hire us, we will provide the support and guidance necessary to get you through this challenging time in your life. We will tailor our personalized services to each client’s unique circumstances. You will have an advocate in your corner until the end of your case.
Call Adams Law Firm at (281) 391-9237 for a consultation with one of our Cinco Ranch family law attorneys and learn more about your legal options.
Family Law Cases Adams Law Firm Can Take On
Legal proceedings can involve various issues within the family that need to be resolved. Adams Law Firm can handle a range of family law cases, including:
- Asset division – Dissolving a marriage is one of the most life-altering experiences a person can go through. A lawyer can protect you during legal proceedings, so you receive what’s rightfully yours.
- Enforcements – Sometimes, it’s necessary to pursue a court order to secure child support or visitation rights. If your spouse stopped paying child support or won’t allow you to see your child, reach out to Adams Law Firm immediately.
- Adoptions – If you’re considering adopting a child, you should seek legal representation. An attorney can assist you with filing the paperwork, overcoming obstacles that stand in your way, and establishing a contract that adequately states your rights and responsibilities.
- Spousal support – You can only seek spousal maintenance in Texas if specific circumstances exist. For example, if you’re unable to earn a living to meet your needs, you could petition the court to determine whether you deserve payments from your spouse.
- Visitation – During a divorce, one parent could receive primary custody of the children. The other parent should be allowed visitation. Both parties must follow the visitation order granted by the court. If there’s a violation or you wish to modify the order, your family law attorney could help.
- Grandparents’ rights – Even a grandparent might have certain rights during a divorce. You could petition the court for visitation following a divorce or even custody or guardianship if it meets the child’s interests.
- Modifications – After a significant change in your life, you might believe it’s necessary to modify your divorce decree. You could modify a child support agreement if you suddenly experience a loss of income or a spousal maintenance arrangement if your ex moves in with a romantic partner.
- Divorce – You must meet specific requirements to get a divorce in Texas. One person must have resided within the state for at least six months before filing. You also have to go through a waiting period after you file. Adams Law Firm can walk you through each step to avoid unnecessary delays and help you resolve any issues that arise.
- Protective orders – Victims of domestic violence can seek legal protection from their abuser. It could prevent the individual from communicating with you or members of your household, visiting your home or place of employment, and possessing a firearm.
- Child custody and support – One of the most contentious matters during a divorce is determining who gets custody of a child and which spouse must provide financial support. The court makes decisions based on the best interests of the children. Adams Law Firm can help you obtain child support, enforce court orders, and modify prior agreements.
- Paternity – Fathers have rights and responsibilities regarding their children. Although the mother is automatically granted parental rights after giving birth, sometimes, the father must prove paternity by taking a genetic test, signing the birth certificate, or petitioning the court.
- Prenuptial agreements – A prenuptial agreement can address issues a couple might face if they get a divorce, such as protecting assets, dividing property, and splitting debts.
- Contempt of court – A person could face legal penalties if they violate a family court order. For example, if your ex doesn’t make complete or timely child support payments, they could end up paying fines or spending time in jail.
- Child protective services – Your child’s safety is of the utmost importance. The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services could take your children if they suspect abuse or neglect. Adams Law Firm can help you prepare for an investigation, interviews, and court appearances.
If your case involves any of these family matters, do not hesitate to contact Adams Law Firm.
Why Choose Adams Law Firm?
Our Cinco Ranch family law attorneys understand the sensitive nature of disputes within the family. We always provide compassionate representation and support to our clients. You will be our priority throughout the entire process, whether you want to adopt a child, obtain a protective order against an abusive spouse, or modify a child visitation agreement.
Our award-winning legal team has more than 35 years of experience helping our clients with family law issues. We hold an AV Preeminent® rating from Martindale-Hubbell, indicating our high level of ethics and standards. We also received recognition from the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Texas, and the National League of Renowned Attorneys. We focus our attention and effort on every case we take to meet our client’s needs.
If you face a family law dispute that you can’t resolve on your own, contact Adams Law Firm right now. Our Cinco Ranch family law attorneys are ready to take on the responsibility for your case and try to reach a favorable outcome for you. We can advise you about the available options and prepare you for the legal road ahead.
Call Adams Law Firm at (281) 391-9237 today for a consultation or reach out to us online.