If you’re going through a divorce, adopting a child, or negotiating a custody agreement, do not hesitate to contact Adams Law Firm. We can review your case, advise your legal options, and create a personalized strategy to meet your needs and potentially reach your legal goals.
At Adams Law Firm, we understand the immediate and long-term effects of a family dispute. It often takes a significant emotional toll on a person’s life. You could experience various challenges while trying to resolve the matter. Some must take their case to court, resulting in expensive legal fees and court costs. It’s an overwhelming process and something you should never attempt to handle alone.
Our Fulshear family lawyers have represented clients like you for over 35 years. We know the legal strategies we must use to handle any case we take successfully. We will provide the support and guidance you need to get through this devastating experience when you hire us. We will remain by your side to protect your rights during divorce proceedings, paternity action, or another family matter.
For a consultation with a dedicated and experienced lawyer from Adams Law Firm, call us at (281) 391-9237 or reach out to us online.
Why You Need to Hire a Lawyer
Many people believe they can amicably resolve disputes they face during a divorce. Although your spouse might agree to specific arrangements upfront, they could plan to go back on their word in the future. If you don’t have a solid contract in place, you could end up walking away with nothing.
The Fulshear family lawyers of Adams Law Firm can provide the representation you need to protect you from mistreatment during divorce proceedings or another legal dispute. We are familiar with state laws and know what it takes to achieve the best possible outcome.
We hold an AV Preeminent rating® from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating a law firm can receive. This represents our legal abilities and high ethical standards in family law. We also received recognition from multiple legal organizations, including the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Texas.
Let Adams Law Firm Represent You in Your Family Law Case
At Adams Law Firm, our Fulshear family lawyers take on a range of cases for our clients. We believe everyone deserves quality legal representation to resolve problems within their family. You should not face the complicated legal process without an experienced team on your side.
We know that no two cases are alike. Our approach involves developing the appropriate plan based on the circumstances to try to achieve your desired outcome.
Family law cases we can take include:
- Adoptions – Expanding your family is an exciting time in anyone’s life. Whether you decide to pursue a local, national, or international adoption, you should obtain the legal representation and assistance necessary to guide you through the process.
- Visitation – As a parent, you have certain rights to spend quality time with your children. If the other parent prevents you from seeing your children, Adams Law Firm could help you get a court order for visitation.
- Child protective services – It can be scary and overwhelming to discover Child Protective Services is investigating you or a family member. An experienced lawyer can represent you during this matter and try to keep your family intact, so you don’t lose your children.
- Divorce – Going through a divorce is a challenge for everyone involved. Negotiations for alimony, child custody, property division, and other issues can create tension. Adams Law Firm can help you navigate divorce proceedings to protect your rights.
- Asset division – Dividing assets, such as homes, cars, and bank accounts can turn into a contentious legal battle during a divorce. Your lawyer can help you pursue the property that’s rightfully yours.
- Grandparents’ rights – Divorce isn’t only hard on the couple. It also affects grandparents. You might worry about whether you can continue a relationship with your grandkids. You have basic rights to visitation if specific factors exist.
- Spousal support – You must go to court to show you are eligible for spousal support. A judge will decide if your situation matches the criteria to receive payments from your spouse when you finalize the divorce.
- Protective orders – Domestic violence can occur between household members, such as spouses or a parent and child. You can petition the court for a protective order to keep the abuser away from your home or workplace to prevent additional abuse.
- Paternity – Establishing paternity is necessary during disputes involving visitation, child custody, child support, and other legal issues. In Texas, it’s possible to prove you are the father of a child by going to court, producing the birth certificate, or taking a paternity test.
- Enforcements – If your ex doesn’t comply with the terms of a divorce decree, you could file a motion in court. The court could issue an order for your ex to cooperate or face involvement by law enforcement or payment of an expensive fine.
- Child custody and support – Adams Law Firm can help you pursue child custody and support, enforce court orders, and modify original agreements.
- Prenuptial agreements – No one wants to start their marriage preparing for divorce. However, having a solid prenuptial agreement in place can protect your property, businesses, and assets if the unimaginable happens.
- Contempt of court – A person is in contempt of court if they violate a court order. Your spouse could face serious penalties, such as fines and jail time, if they don’t comply with a protective order filed against them, keep you from seeing your children, or refuse to pay spousal support included in your final divorce decree.
- Modifications – Certain circumstances might require a modification to an agreement following a divorce. If you have a disability and receive spousal support, your ex could request a modification to the divorce decree if you remarry. Child custody and support modifications are common if one person experiences a loss of income or moves to a different state.
Call Adams Law Firm right now to discuss the available legal options if you face any of these family law issues.
Contact Adams Law Firm Today
Since 1977, we have represented our clients in the most complex family law cases. We have a proven track record of success and take pride in the reputation we built.
If you want to meet with one of our Fulshear family lawyers to discuss how we can help you during your divorce or another legal dispute, call us at (281) 391-9237 today for a consultation.